Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

still slow and steady

Slow and steady is the only pace that Charlie knows. The public health nurse paid us another visit today. His lungs still sound great, which is always good to know! Unfortunately, he only gained 2 ounces in the past week. Ideally, he should be gaining half an ounce to an ounce everyday. So, after she left I called the pediatricians and we are going to have a meeting with Dr Dracker next Wednesday to discuss what is going on and what the plan might be. 

Charlie has also been having more and more trouble with reflux. He has been on reglan since he was in the hospital and was put on zantac as well a couple of weeks ago. We do not know if it is a fluke, but his reflux seems to have gotten a little worse since starting the zantac. He is not spitting tons, but seems to be having more of a problem with "silent reflux". From what I have read this can actually be a little worse because it irritates the esophagus on the way up and again on the way back down. It does cause him a lot of pain and discomfort. He cries and arches his back and won't eat as much. Last week he was actually even a little hoarse sounding because of the irritation. Hopefully we will be able to find some way of helping him with this because it hurts us just as much as it hurts him I think!

So, that is where we stand right now! Here are some more pictures of our skinny little man! :-)
 
"Wow - you're awfully big!"

"Don't you love how my summertime outfits show off my 
muscular arms and legs?? Thanks for the cool outfit Uncle Jerry!! :-)"

"Guess who dressed me this morning??"

"Mommy, you're so silly!"

"I just love chilling out after a nice warm bath! And I am 
giving some serious thought to peeing on my mom right now. Hmmm"

No comments: